If you have any additional questions about allergy testing or immunotherapy, please feel free to call the office and talk to the allergy specialist at Swisher Internal Medicine at 828-324-0100!
- Allergen immunotherapy: A practice parameter third update. Linda Cox, MD, Harold Neson, MD, and Richard Lockey, MD. American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. December 23, 2010.
- Fredrick M. Schaffer, MD, Lisa Welchel, FNPc, Hope Soliz, Tim Crimmins, Myla Ebeling, PhD, Tom Hulsey, PhD, Larry Garner, CPT,BA. “The Safety of Home Immunotherapy Utilizing the United Allergy Services Protocol. Manuscript in preparation. 2012.
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Allergy treatment. Available at: http://acaai.org/allergist/allergies/Treatment/Pages/default.aspx Accessed February 1, 2011.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease. Airborne allergens. Something in the air. NIH Publication No. 03-7045. Available at: http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/allergicdiseases/documents/airborne_allergens.pdf Accesses February 1, 2011.
- Möller C, Drebord S, Ferdousi HA, et al. Pollen immunotherapy reduces the development of asthma in children with seasonal rhinoconjunctivitis (the PAT-Study). J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002; 109:251-256